Friday, May 24, 2013

Week 2 at MTC!

Thursday, May 23, 2013
Week 2 at the MTC!

Hello Familia!

I don't really have too much to say this week. Everything is pretty much the same. Thanks for all the dearelders! I love every single one! Sara and Scotty were cracking me up. I don't know, I really can't think of anything. Elder Nash from the seventy came and talked at Devotional this week. It was good, I took really good notes. Ummm... I have 2 new investigators. Carlos, he's 14 and pretty much just answers "si" or "no" or "no se" to everything we ask him....Oh Carlos. And then there is Luis. He's cool. He has a desire to be a good person and follow Christ, so he has lots of potential!!

Maybe you guys should asks me questions. Cause I really don't know what to write. This week has been super humbling. I have realized that I am not good at anything. haha not in a low self esteem sort of way, but in a humble way. I can't do this without the Lord. Really I'm just an instrument so I try not to get stressed out over how bad I am at everything. I'm doing pretty good with not getting stressed out. That's one thing I AM really good at. I am really really really just trying to spend every single second of my time working. When we have study time from 3:00 to 4:00 I try and study literally from 3:00 to 4:00. It's kind of frustrating because that's something I am really trying to work on but sometimes the other missionaries in my district don't share my same attitude and kind of just goof off until 3:15 and then get tired of studying by like 4:50...and a lot of time just gets wasted. And it's hard to focus on studying when everyone in the room is talking. And then I try and suggest studying somewhere else...but that doesn't always happen. It's hard, my comp was dating a guy up at school up until the day before she entered the MTC..and guess what...he's in our district. And his best friend is his companion. So them 3 have a lot of fun together and...I totally understand why it would be hard for them to focus, but's its hard on me sometimes because I really want to work hard and focus, but I have to be with my comp at all times, and she wants to be with her boyfriend and his comp/best friend and when all 3 of them get together... ah it's not good haha. Ah what are the odds. But nothing in missionary work is a coincidence.

So how is everybody? How is life? How are the ukrainians! How is work? How is school? How was your mother's day mama? I get to go to the temple every P-day. We have it first thing in the morning which I love, but I am so tired! I totally fell asleep today haha. But I loved it still! I think that's the hardest thing for me right now, being so tired. It's so hard to wake up early every day. And yeah you don't have to wake up at 6:30, but breakfast is at 6:45...so I usally wake up at like 5:50 or 6. Buuut, I kind of made this goal to never complain about being tired because everybody here is tired.

But I am liking it here. I can't wait to go to Seattle! But I'm not ready yet so I'm fine with the idea of being here for 4 more weeks. But yeah, I really love missionary work! I love my fake investigators, it's always my favorite part of the day.

Well I love you all!!!

Hermana Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment